Sunday, April 15, 2012

Another Salad Recipe! (and a little present!!)

This salad is much healthier than the last one, and just as good!

You will need:

Chopped: Apples, plums, baby carrots
Grapes
Spring greens
Pecans
Dried cranberries

For the dressing:

Equal parts balsamic vinegar and olive oil (say 1/4 cup in total)
Drop of mustard
Drop of honey

Toss all ingredients together in a bowl, and whisk dressing with a fork while pouring over salad. Plate and serve!


I took the picture pre-dressing as balsamic vinegar turns all these bright colors brown!

In other news, when I got to work yesterday I found a present waiting for me!


My number one commenter (and old highschool friend!) sent me a picture of these shakers months ago,


because she KNEW they were right up my alley (I love all things birds!), and I of course loved them. I had been meaning to go look for them at Superstore (she got them for like $4?), but now they have a much sweeter story for how they came to live in my house! And who doesn't love a suprise gift?


Perfect addition to my dinner (and to my kitchen!) :) Thanks Carly!!

Love, Jamie

No comments: