Monday, December 19, 2011

Homestretch to Christmas

So, I haven't been doing anything really 'blog worthy' lately hahaha, but I thought I'd write a post on what's going on over here :) Let's play catch up shall we?


My lovely sister bought me a wreath of my very own to decorate!! Any ideas?

My friend Danica just went away on friday to LA for Christmas, and we've been pretty much inseperable since I moved back to Kelowna, so it's weird not having her around anymore! I won't be seeing her much when she gets back either (she's moving to Vancouver in January), except for when she's training me for a few days to take over her old job at the pet store. It's funny, I moved back to Kelowna to get away from Vancouver and she's doing the exact opposite. Well Dani, we had a few good months. I'm really looking forward to be working soon, I've been going crazy wanting to work since we moved back! It is sliiiim pickings for jobs in Kelowna right now. Anyone looking knows what I mean. Luckily Tristan and I have both found jobs FINALLY.

On another note, I've gotten all my Christmas gift shopping done, and put under the tree :) Cards are mailed .. I like sending snail mail cards instead of email, feels more personal, although my writing is terrible - too much technology! Texting and typing and phoning .. I wrote beautifully as a child, but I'm afraid at 22 I don't get as much practise as I should. My writing is definitely chicken scratch.

I can't believe this Saturday is Christmas Eve! I seriously woke up this morning, checked my phone, saw the date and my jaw dropped. It really crept up on me, I've apparently been in my own little world. Our festivities always start on Christmas Eve, and this year it's extra special because we're going to my cousin Carly's dance recital before we go to Oma and Opa's for dinner. Then Christmas day at my mom's and Boxing day at my dad's. It's going to be a very busy few days for us. I'm going to thrive on it though, I love the chaos and  noise of my family. When I first moved to Vancouver, I was salivating over the prospect of peace and quiet. I had been living in the corner of the basement, with sheets for walls. All noise, all the time. But let me tell you, the quiet got old, fast. I ACTUALLY missed the dog barking, my little brothers screaming and running up and down the stairs, doors slamming, loud video games, little feet jumping on my air mattress to wake me up, everything. Within a week I was cranking the TV or music just so I could function.

Oh Kelowna, I MISSED YOU!!

How stoked are you getting for Christmas?!

Love, Jamie

No comments: