Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Clothes Pin Tree Ornaments

I went down to the store on Sunday with no real plan in mind, I just knew I really wanted to tackle the 'not-liking-the-tree' situation. I've mentioned it a few times now, so I figured I needed to just go do it. I brainstormed and came up with my color scheme (neutral; white, cream, gold and brown), and the look I was going for (traditional, with neutral colors and natural elements). While I was browsing, I came across a cute little snowman decoration attached to a clothes pin, and I instantly had an idea. I bought a bag of clothes pins, and a bag of frosted/painted nuts and pinecones. Here is what I did:


How pretty is that? It turned out exactly how I wanted!

If you want to try this, here are some tips/advice:


I used all purpose 'cement' glue, but you could use a hot glue gun if you like (I always burn myself so this is better for me). It's probably a better idea to use the glue gun especially if you have kids; the cement glue is super strong smelling and harmful (I opened the balcony door and almost froze to death making these).


Just glue the nuts/pinecones on, hold for a few seconds, and set them down to dry. Beware: several of mine tipped over, so lay them on newspaper and keep an eye on them. Unless you want to wreck your table. I wasn't that worried about mine. My coffee table was $17 at Ikea. It's already wrecked.


And there you go! Super cute decor for next to no money :)

Pictures of the whole tree coming closer to Christmas!!

Happy crafting!

Love, Jamie

No comments: