Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Decor Spreads to the Kitchen

One thing that makes holiday decorating a little more special is putting things in the most commonly forgotten places. Put a bowl of ornaments on the bathroom counter. Hang an ornament on the lamp by your bed. Basically, use things in unexpected ways! The kitchen is the heart of the home, and if you're like me, you spend a lot of time there. Here are some ways I added some festive cheer to my kitchen:


These were my grandmother's. I love the simplicity of the one on the right. I hung them over some cupboard doors instead of the stove or fridge handle. I like that they dress the plain cupboards up a bit!


I replaced the purple jeweled candler holder that usually hangs on my kitchen shelf with a cute little jingle bell; something I found in Vancouver last year.



A couple of posts ago I wrote about attaching ribbon to candles. I absolutely loooove these ones! I wasn't going to put them in the kitchen but they matched the tea towels above perfectly.



I made this little bowl when I was in the sixth grade, and I always have the hardest time deciding what to do with it! These leftover tree ornaments did the trick. The plate under it was from Homesense. I had been eyeing them for awhile, waiting for them to go on sale ($5.99 each just wasn't worth it to me) . When they dropped to $3 each I went in and there were only four left! That was a lucky day.

Happy decorating!

Love, Jamie

No comments: