Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Intro

When I was younger, I loved to change my space. Even if it was just moving my bed across the room, picking some flowers in the garden or rearranging decorative items, it always made things feel fresh and new again. Once I grew older I became more ambitious, but didn't really have the means to make the ideas in my head a reality. Living at home, living with roommates; life takes over and sometimes things get put on the back burner. I never lost the craving to constantly find new and interesting ways to reinvent my surroundings, and make them feel more like home, but when I moved into my first apartment with my boyfriend, I didn't really know where to start! That was three years ago, and ALOT has changed since then. In the beginning, almost all of our things were given to us from friends and family (furniture, dishes, etc.), and while I'm extremely grateful for everything, there comes a time when your things need to say 'you', not 'friend' or 'family member'. My home is constantly evolving, and growing, and becoming a reflection of my personality. This blog is going to be my creative outlet; a place for my decorating ideas and tips on how to (for the most part, inexpensively!) add those 'polished' touches. I hope others can find inspiration for their home here.

Love, Jamie

No comments: